We Take The Time To Listen
The pineapple is a symbol of hospitality throughout the world. It is the first thing patients see when they arrive at the neuromuscular, cosmetic, and family dental practice of Russell B. Rainey, DMD.
"Our Pineapple Logo is meant to convey to our patients that they will be well cared for with consideration and understanding. We partner with each patient to design individual, personal dental care."
Russell B. Rainey, DMD
“We Take Time to Listen.”
Services include Anxiety-free Dentistry, Sleep Disorders, Smile Makeovers, Veneers, Teeth Whitening, Implants, Sedation Dentistry, and relief of Neuromuscular Migraines, Neck and Shoulder pain, and TMJ (Jaw and Bite) concerns.
www.drrainey.com · 850-385-3700
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is tooth whitening safe?
- Yes. Research and clinical studies have proven that whitening teeth with Peroxide - under the direct supervision of a dentist - is completely safe for tooth enamel and oral tissues.
- Why do I need to get my teeth cleaned every three months instead of six months?
- Some people are more susceptible to plaque and tartar build-up and/or have the bacteria that causes periodontal disease in their saliva. Periodontal disease is a disease that destroys the bone surrounding the teeth. There is no cure for periodontal disease. More frequent hygiene can aid in the prevention of periodontal disease and control further damage.
- Why do I need a full set of X-rays?
- It is not possible to see between teeth, under old fillings and crowns or the bone under the gum tissue. Therefore, a complete set of X-rays is necessary to thoroughly diagnose any current problems or disease that may be present. The American Dental Association recommends a complete set of X-rays every 3 to 5 years, depending on the individual patient.
- Will my dental insurance cover all of my dental needs?
- Most dental insurance plans, unlike medical, cover only a portion of the treatment you need. Your coverage depends on the type of benefit plan your employer purchased for your level of position within the company. In addition, the insurance company most often pays a portion of the fee, to encourage proper hygiene and responsibility from you, the patient. Remember, dental insurance companies make money gambling that you won't need or use the benefits they offer. It is in their best interest, not yours, to discourage optimum dental care.
- Why does the dentist need a list of all the medications I am taking?
- Dental anesthetics, when used alone, are quite safe. When combined with other medications, the interaction can produce a harmful effect. Always keep your dentist and hygienist updated with any change in your medical history and a current list of all medications you are taking.
- Why do I need a complete evaluation by the dentist before getting my teeth cleaned?
- Different types of cleanings and treatments are required on the diseased or healthy state of your teeth and gum tissue. Before you schedule any type of cleaning, whether with a new dental practice or far a Recare visit, be sure to have the dentist do a complete and thorough examination and take a full set of X-rays.
- Why does my tooth need a crown instead of a filling?
- A filling may be used when there has been slight or uncomplicated damage to at tooth. If the tooth enamel is thin, broken or eroded a crown must be placed over the tooth to prevent further damage and possibly the loss of the tooth.